pandoraculpa: (FMA- brothers makin' faces)
[personal profile] pandoraculpa posting in [community profile] wtf_hollow
Submitted largely without context: a smattering of text messages I saved, for Reasons. Apparently. I don't recall those reasons just now, but I'm sure glad Past Me thought to preserve some of these. (I have more, these are just the ones I found already in a document; I'm too lazy to dig the others out of my paper journal right now.)


RANDOM TEXTS

-He is proud of it, and Roy does his best not to look down his nose at pre-fab furniture.
This one, I recall. It came from a conversation about Ed setting up a bunch of Ikea furniture in his new place, if I'm not mistaken.

-**commiserates** Honestly, there should be a support group for us. Oh, wait. That **is** us. ;D
I kinda feel like this one belongs on TFLN

-Tezuka was probably framed by implication, and too proud to argue his innocence. Maybe Mori just came to the library on Sat to study, since his brother was hosting a party of noisy middle schoolers at home.
No idea, but I WANT TO KNOW!

-Oh my god, it would be like a Hallmark mini series for the profoundly disturbed. XD. Arai and CatRoy present A Very Special Christmas Special.
*grabby hands*

-Cogitating ur algorthims, hee, man I am so saving that.

-And of course there's winsome CatRoy with ears and raggedy overalls & a little band-aid on his cheek to consider. :)



Our insanity is the best insanity. :D

(no subject)

Date: 2020-02-16 06:15 pm (UTC)
evil_whimsey: (HolicLove)
From: [personal profile] evil_whimsey
Oh my god these are GOLDEN, look at this treasure you found, oh wow!
Man, I don't recall the context of these at all, but clearly they stand the test of time.

The Tezuka + Mori one is clearly some species of Prom Shenanigans. If Tezuka is implicated in anything, it's almost certainly only Ryoma who cares about it. And whatever implication he draws is most likely to be taken channeled into some form of tennis violence, and also being very intense at certain people (Mori is sort of a longshot, most likely Arai by proxy), until they catch on to whatever he's got a bee in his bonnet about.

The entertaining question is, what on earth did he see going on in the library, between Tezuka and Mori (the two most stoic characters with generally the largest radius of personal space in this whole universe)?

As to Arai and CatRoy's Very Special Christmas Special, I'm pretty sure that's like, all of Adventures? XD

"Cogitating ur algorithms" has taken on some rather sinister overtones in the last several years, my goodness.

But you saved the best for last!!! CATROY WITH EARS AND OVERALLS AND LITTLE BAND-AID YES I AM HERE FOR THAT 1 MILLION %. HELLO KRYPTONITE, GLAD TO SEE YOU'RE MOST CERTAINLY ALIVE AND WELL. Don't ask me why that hits my happy Wee Bird button square in the sweet spot, I don't begin to understand it myself. Anyway, whatever this is, I LOVE IT. I want stickers of it. I want all kinds of merchandise, and a cute figurine. Somebody make this into a plushie critter, so I can cuddle it.

So um, yeah. Thank you for posting a goldmine, this is absolutely delightful.

(no subject)

Date: 2020-02-16 06:36 pm (UTC)
evil_whimsey: (Tezuka Kunimitsu)
From: [personal profile] evil_whimsey
Ok, on immediate reflection, I can't leave this Tezuka and Mori idea alone.

Because it strikes me suddenly, that they have interesting things in common. Apart from the stoicism and personal space thing.
They're both immensely gifted at their chosen sport, take it with utmost seriousness, and have as a result engendered enormous loyalty among the followers they attract.

Which they take as a serious responsibility, in terms of being a good role model.
(I feel like Mori is better than Tezuka at the role model part, in the sense that he's just a better caretaker of people. Whereas Tezuka is just like, "Get on my level, or get lost", due to where his particular stoicism comes from; like his version is self-protective, whereas Mori's stoicism comes from a discipline rooted in protecting others.)

But even apart from all that, I think it was canonical in PoT, that Tezuka's grandad was a cop and a judo champion, before retirement? Maybe his dad was way into judo too, I forget. But anyway, he's got that family history of traditional national sport, but chooses to pursue the Western sport of tennis. Which I wonder how much his family even grasps at first? I wonder if there isn't some lingering sentiment there, where his family maybe support him, but everyone's aware that he didn't take up this more traditional route, in what seems to be a pretty traditional family.

And if he has occasion to compare himself to Mori (also from a very traditional family, who followed in their footsteps with no apparent problem, and by the way is also just a little bit famous among those In The Know as the National Junior Champion--more than once, if I recall rightly--at Kendo and maybe Judo too?--and surely he's been scouted at least once for the Olympic team, *surely*. Meaning that Tezuka's family have *definitely* heard of him).....

Well, that's a bit interesting, isn't it. One has to wonder what Tezuka's internal monologue might be like, sitting in a room with Morinozuka Takashi, and no other distractions around.

(and yeah, I'm definitely taking a break from endless staring at the homestretch of my RQ story, blowing out the cobwebs and maybe also playing through a bunch of Ichima Chagasi escape games, because they're so much easier than unsnarling the last goddamn knots in this godforsaken story. As you do.)

Re: Bonus woobie and squee

Date: 2020-02-17 01:15 am (UTC)
evil_whimsey: (Mori Uh)
From: [personal profile] evil_whimsey
holy christ, I honestly dunno what to scream over more.
Like literally, I've got the front door open on the nice weather right now, and am possessed by this insane urge to run screaming down the street, and then back up, to come back here and aim my screaming into the keyboard.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH THESE ARE BOTH SO GREAT. Dreamy Mr. Haruka!!!! Mori totally nonplussed (see icon)!! Yasa and Nergui having a cuddle!! Onuma having a little afternoon cocktail and getting schooled!!! What riches you have found!

(gosh I wonder what Mr. Haruka does at the Prom school, apart from make Mr. Watanuki blush outrageously)

Re: Bonus woobie and squee

Date: 2020-02-19 01:37 am (UTC)
evil_whimsey: (Watanuki Kimihiro)
From: [personal profile] evil_whimsey
Oh, nonononononno (*chin hands*). Please do go on.
(If Onuma could wear like, mechanics' coveralls, where he ties the arms around his waist on hot days, that would be aces too. ;D )

This reminds me how I was *thisclose* to casting Onuma as Arai's Soccer Coach, but then remembered that spot got taken by Odagiri Joe, playing some character, maybe Iokibe Kei from Juhan Shuttai.

And so now I've got to tell you that if you don't know who Odagiri Joe is, I'm so sorry, the world has failed you, you are seriously missing out. Like picture a Japanese Hale Appleman. Or perhaps more accessibly (though you really shouldn't miss out on Hale, either, he's tremendous), a Japanese Hozier.

Or just go hit up Google Images and lose 20 minutes like I just did. Nothing at all wrong with that, it's a very rewarding pasttime.

Re: Bonus woobie and squee

Date: 2020-02-17 01:16 am (UTC)
evil_whimsey: (Ed Pants?)
From: [personal profile] evil_whimsey
(also, Ed rounding up both Mori and Tezuka for a Serious Talk is absolutely hilarious)

Profile

Junk Drawer of Crack

March 2020

S M T W T F S
12345 6 7
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
293031    

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags